Important tips for cleaning hearing aids
Cleaning and maintenance of hearing aids is an important part of supporting your patients. Due to the coronavirus we have updated our guidelines on how to safely and effectively clean them.
Share these important steps with staff and patients
- Wear gloves when cleaning hearing aids
- When handling behind-the-ear hearing aids, clean the hearing aid surface with wet wipes that don’t contain alcohol. This is because they are coated with a hydrophobic coating that is sensitive to alcohol
- For in-the-ear hearing aids, all kinds of wet wipes can be used for cleaning the hearing aids’ surface
- An alternative to wet wipes is cleaning with a mild soap solution on a hard-twisted cotton cloth. Avoid using excess water that can enter the hearing aids
- After cleaning, discard the gloves and wash your hands carefully with soap and water or with a suitable alcohol disinfectant
- Let your cleaned hearing aids dry for a couple minutes
COVID‑19 guidance document – cleaning of Oticon remote microphones
Users of remote microphone transmitters should take extra care when using remote microphones as it relates to COVID‑19. The below guide is intended to give you the information you need to clean the Oticon Amigo, ConnectClip and EduMic remote microphones.
COVID‑19 Guidance Document – Cleaning of Oticon Remote Microphones
COVID‑19 Guidance Document – Cleaning of Oticon Remote Microphones (Spanish)
COVID-19 Important Tips For Cleaning Hearing Aids (Spanish)