NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Promotion Period/Sponsor: Oticon Focus on People Awards is conducted in two phases. Phase 1 “Call for Nominations” begins on 8/7/23 and ends on 9/15/23 (the “Nominations Period”). Phase 2 begins on 11/6/23 and ends on 12/8/23 (the “Voting Period”). Note that phase dates may be subject to change. Sponsor: Oticon, Inc. 580 Howard Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873. Awards program is governed by US law. Void where prohibited. Dates are subject to change during the program.
- Eligibility: The Awards program is open to individuals with any degree of hearing loss who are: legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, age 6 or older. Nominees under the age of 18 years require the written approval of parent or legal guardian. Nominees in the Champion or Practitioner category are not required to have a hearing loss. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliated companies and its advertising and promotion agencies and anyone involved with the Awards program (collectively, “Awards Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
- How to enter: To be eligible for the Awards program, all completed nomination forms must be received during the Nomination Period. To enter go to the www.oticon.com/FOP ("Awards Website") and complete and submit the nomination form. There is no limit to the number of nominations each person (Nominator) may submit.
Nominations may be submitted on the awards website: www.oticon.com/FOP
- Selection of Finalists: Nominations will be reviewed by a team comprised of Oticon representatives and an external consultant in September and October.
Three finalists will be selected in each of four categories:
- Student, for full-time students with hearing loss, ages 6 – 25;
- Adult, for people with hearing loss, ages 18 and above;
- Hearing Loss Champions, for individuals, 25 years and older, actively involved in the support of people with hearing loss, including volunteers with hearing health‑related organizations and non-profit initiatives and those who parent, educate, serve and champion people with hearing loss. Nominees in the Hearing Loss Champion category are not required to have a hearing loss to qualify.
- Practitioner category recognizes hearing care professionals who go “above and beyond” to change the world for people with hearing loss through humanitarian and public education efforts. Nominees in the Practitioner category are not required to have a hearing loss to qualify.
Upon notification of their selection, finalists are required to complete release forms authorizing Oticon to feature them in the online voting phase and provide their social security number for 1099 filing. Children under age 18 require signed permission from parent or legal guardian. All finalists must provide photos of themselves. They also must sign release forms and approve copy used for the online voting.
As part of the release, if a finalist is selected as first place winner and cannot participate in the Awards ceremony (see requirement re: ceremony participation in Section 7), Oticon will select another finalist from their category as first place winner. Materials describing the finalists are approved by finalists prior to posting on the voting website.
- Voting: The voting pages on Oticon.com will officially open on 11/6/23. One-time voting session (with one vote for each of the four finalists for a total of four votes) per email address is allowed. Finalists are provided with press announcement materials for use on their websites, social media pages and with local media in their communities. Oticon will publicize the call for votes through professional and general news media and online advertising.
Voting ends on 12/8/23. Oticon will notify first, second and third place winners no later than 12/31/23.
Official announcement of the winners will be communicated on Oticon.com and in media and will coincide with the timing of the Awards ceremony.
Prizes: First place winners receive a $2,500 cash prize and a $1,000 donation to the charity of their choice.First place winners with hearing loss in the Student, Adult and Hearing Loss Champion categories also receive Oticon BrainHearing™ hearing aids. Hearing aids must be claimed no later than 6 months from program close. Hearing aids are for each winner’s personal use and cannot be donated to another person/group.
Oticon provides a $1,000 donation to a designated charity for each first place winner. Winners select a charity of their choice for the donation.
Second place winners receive a $500 cash prize and third place winners, a $250 cash prize.
Awards Ceremony: Awards will be officially presented to the four first place winners at a special Oticon Focus on People Awards Ceremony. If the ceremony is scheduled as an in-person event, winners agree to attend in person to accept their award. Oticon, Inc. will cover cost of travel to/from the Awards ceremony for first place winners only and ground transportation to/from airport at the event location. Hotel and dining costs are also covered for first place winners. Only one hotel room is provided for each winner.
For the student first place winner, Oticon will also cover the airfare for parent/guardian to travel with the winner. Winner in the student category, under age 18, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
If the Awards ceremony is conducted as a virtual event, each first place award winner agrees to record and submit a short acceptance video for display during the virtual event. The instructions to record and submit videos and video content specifications for each award type will be provided by Oticon, Inc.
- General: Nominators and Finalists agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and on their behalf, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (“Releasing Parties”), release, defend and hold harmless the Oticon, Inc., their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (“Released Parties”), from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, specialties, covenants, contracts, controversies, agreements, promises, variances, trespasses, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, extent, executions, claims and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against Released Parties which any one or more of the Releasing Parties ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have which in any way arise out of or result from Finalists’ participation, acceptance and use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Awards or in the announcement of any prize. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Awards program as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right, to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Awards program in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation. Nominators/finalists assume all liability for any injury, including death or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Awards program or use or redemption of any prize. This Awards program shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of New Jersey, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Awards program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS AWARDS PROGRAM. NOMINATOR AND FINALIST HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF NOMINATOR/FINALIST, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement and without waiving either party’s right to appeal such decision, should any portion of this provision be deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the entire provision (other than this sentence) shall not apply. Nomination materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass nominators or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, illegible nominations; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of nomination materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; (iii) any injury or damage to Nominator’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Awards program, or (iv) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Awards program. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any Awards it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and terminate the Awards program if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Awards program), or to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A NOMINATOR OR FINALIST, TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE AWARDS PROGRAM, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries: These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you.
- Severability: If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
- No Waivers: The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Oticon.
- Winners Name: Please visit www.oticon.com/FOP for a posting of the winners. Winners will be posted following the Awards ceremony.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Awards program is not capable of running as planned, Oticon reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Awards program.
- TAXES: To the extent permitted by law, all taxes imposed on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. The potential winners, and if the winner is a minor, their parents or legal guardians, are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements.
By entering, you expressly consent to use of your information for the purposes set forth in these rules and for administration of this Awards program, including posting of winners' information as required by law and in accordance with the Finalist signed release form.