Whether splashing in puddles, digging in the sandbox, or working up a sweat during a game— children are notoriously tough on their belongings, and hearing aids are no exception. Oticon pediatric hearing aids are designed and tested to make them robust, reliable, and ready to take on the challenges of childhood. And despite being designed with durability in mind, Oticon pediatric hearing aids never sacrifice advanced technology.
Water? Sweat? Dirt? Bring it on!
We know kids put their hearing aids through a lot. Don’t worry, though – all our pediatric hearing aids have an IP68 rating against water, dust, and debris. That’s the highest classification available. They also offer:
- Robust set of features, designed with children’s active lives and safety in mind
- Allergen-free materials, excluding more than 200 potentially harmful materials including phthalates
Safety and reassurance? You got it!
Little hands tend to get into places they’re not supposed to. That’s why our pediatric hearing aids include:
- Tamper-resistant styles*, helping keep the battery out of reach of curious fingers
- LED battery lights, giving caregivers and teachers visual confirmation that the battery is functioning properly
That way you’ll know everything’s working the way it should – and when it’s not, you’ll know immediately.
Hearing aids tested to the extreme.
Oticon pediatric hearing aids are designed to withstand the daily wear and tear of children's active lives, including exposure to different weather conditions, accidental drops, sports, and other activities. In fact, they go through extensive testing during the development phase to ensure they meet the highest safety and quality standards. This testing includes:
- Shock resistance
- Drop tests from multiple directions and up to 150 cm (about 5 feet)
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes
- Protected against random rainstorms or short soakings**
- Sweat, moisture, and humidity tests
- Saline solution test
- Button durability tested up to 25,000 times
- Painted surface rubbed with robot finger up to 2,500 times
- Battery door* opened and closed up to 25,000 times
- Dust tested by exposure to talcum powder in a sealed chamber
This means, as a parent, you have peace of mind knowing that your child's hearing aids are not only built to last but have also been rigorously tested to withstand the challenges of their daily lives.
To learn more about pediatric hearing aids, find a hearing care professional near you.
* miniRITE R and miniBTE R are available in tamper-resistant styles. miniRITE T & miniBTE T are available with optional tamper resistant doors.
** Not intended for extended periods of immersion in water, such as swimming