1. Click ‘CONNECT’ to detect and connect to the client’s hearing aids. The status indicators turn green when the hearing aids are connected. Please note the connection process may take up to several minutes.
The connection status of the hearing aids is indicated in three places:
a) Connection Bar
b) Oticon RemoteCare Connection overview
c) Oticon RemoteCare Communicator
2. Fit the client’s hearing aids as you would do normally, if needed.
In-situ Audiometry is now available to use during RemoteCare appointments, please follow the recommended best practices to obtain accurate In-situ Audiometry results via RemoteCare:
• Ensure your patient is in an environment with no noise
• Instruct your patient to wear the hearing aids correctly, as advised in the first fitting appointment
• Ensure you turn off your microphone to avoid any unwanted noise, as it could impact results
• To compensate for possible delays in connection, play tones for at least two seconds and with longer than normal pauses (preferably more than two seconds) between the tones presented to the patient
3. Click ‘UPLOAD’ to upload the new settings to the hearing aids.
4. Once all desired changes have been made, click ‘DISCONNECT’. The hearing aids will be disconnected from Genie 2 and will restart.
Note: You can also disconnect the hearing aids from the END FITTING screen.
5: Go to the END FITTING screen and click ‘SAVE AND EXIT’/’SAVE AND GO TO CLIENT STEP’ to save and end the session with the client.
Go to Troubleshoot – During the session