NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Promotion Period/Sponsor: Oticon Focus on People Awards is conducted in two phases. Phase 1 “Call for Nominations” begins at 12:00 AM, Eastern Time ("ET") on 05/15/19 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on 06/20/19 (the "Nominations Period"). Phase 2 “Voting Period” begins at 12:00 AM, Eastern Time ("ET") on 08/20/19 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on 09/30/19 (the "Voting Period"). Sponsor: Oticon, Inc., 580 Howard Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873. Awards program is governed by U.S. law. Void where prohibited by law.
- Eligibility: The Awards program is open to individuals with any degree of hearing loss who are: legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, age 6 or older. Nominees under the age of 18 years require the written approval of parent or legal guardian. Nominees in the Practitioner category are the exception – individuals nominated in this category are not required to have a hearing loss.
Employees of Sponsor, its affiliated companies and its advertising and promotion agencies and anyone involved with the Awards program (collectively, “Awards Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
- How to enter: To be eligible for the Awards program, all completed nomination forms must be received during the Nomination Period. To enter go to the www.oticon.com/FOP ("Awards Website") and complete and submit the nomination form. There is no limit to the number of nominations each person (Nominator) may submit.
Nominations may be submitted on the awards website: www.oticon/FOP.com
Or via US mail to:
Focus on People Awards
Attn: Marketing Dept.
580 Howard Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873
- Selection of Finalists: Nominations will be reviewed by a team comprised of Oticon representatives and an external consultant in June. Each nominee is evaluated based on their achievements/contribution to helping to change perception of hearing loss and their ability to serve as a role model for all but especially for people with hearing loss.
Finalists will be notified of their selection by email / phone.
Three finalists will be selected in each of four categories:
- Student, for full-time students with hearing loss, ages 6 – 25;
- Adult, for people with hearing loss, ages 21 and above;
- Advocacy, for volunteers with hearing loss, who are actively involved in support efforts for the hard-of-hearing and deaf community
- Practitioner category recognizes hearing care professionals who go “above and beyond” to change the world for people with hearing loss through humanitarian and public education efforts. Nominees in the Practitioner category are not required to have a hearing loss to qualify.
Upon notification of their selection, finalists are required to complete release forms authorizing Oticon to feature them in the online voting phase and provide their social security number for 1099 filing. Children under age 18 require signed permission from parent or legal guardian. All finalists must provide photos of themselves. They also must sign release forms and approve copy used for the online voting.
As part of the release, finalists agree to attend the official Oticon Focus on People Awards Ceremony should they be selected as first place winners. If finalists cannot attend, Oticon will select another finalist.
Materials describing the finalists are approved by finalists prior to posting on the voting website.
- Voting: The voting pages on www.oticon.com will officially open in August 2019. One-time voting session (with one vote for each of the four finalists for a total of four votes) per email address is allowed. Finalists are provided with press announcement materials for use on their websites, social media pages and with local media in their communities. Oticon will publicize the call for votes through professional and general news media and online advertising.
Voting ends at 11:59 PM ET on September 30, 2019. Oticon will tabulate votes and announce first, second and third place winners in each category. First place winners will be notified no later than November 2019 by email or phone.
Second and third place winners will be notified by mail delivery no later than November 2019.
Official announcement of the winners will be communicated on Oticon.com and in media and will coincide with the timing of the Awards ceremony.
Prizes: First place winners receive a $1,000 cash prize and a $1,000 donation to the charity of their choice. First place winners in the Student, Adult and Advocacy categories also receive Oticon BrainHearing™ hearing devices (estimated value $6,000). Hearing aids must be claimed within 9 months of the program close or no later than August 31, 2020. For student first place winner, we also cover the airfare for parent/guardian to travel with the winner. Finalist in the student category, under age 18, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Only one hotel room is provided for each winner.
Oticon, Inc. will cover the cost of travel to and from the Awards ceremony for the first place winner only and includes ground transportation to and from the airport to location of the Awards celebration. Hotel and dining costs are also covered for first place winners.
Oticon provides a $1,000 donation to a designated charity for each first place winner. Winners select a charity of their choice for the donation.
Second place winners receive a $500 cash prize and third place winners, a $250 cash prize.
General: Nominators and Finalists agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and on their behalf, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (“Releasing Parties”), release, defend and hold harmless the Oticon, Inc., their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (“Released Parties”), from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, bonds, bills, specialties, covenants, contracts, controversies, agreements, promises, variances, trespasses, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, extent, executions, claims and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against Released Parties which any one or more of the Releasing Parties ever had, now have or hereafter can, shall or may have which in any way arise out of or result from Finalists’ participation, acceptance and use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Awards or in the announcement of any prize. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Awards program as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right, to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Awards program in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation. Nominators/finalists assume all liability for any injury, including death or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Awards program or use or redemption of any prize. This Awards program shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of New Jersey, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Awards program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS AWARDS PROGRAM. NOMINATOR AND FINALIST HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF NOMINATOR/FINALIST, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement and without waiving either party’s right to appeal such decision, should any portion of this provision be deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the entire provision (other than this sentence) shall not apply. Nomination materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass nominators or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, illegible nominations; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of nomination materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; (iii) any injury or damage to Nominator’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Awards program, or (iv) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Awards program. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any Awards it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and terminate the Awards program if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Awards program), or to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A NOMINATOR OR FINALIST, TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE AWARDS PROGRAM, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Winners Name: Please visit www.oticon.com/FOP for a posting of the winners. Winners will be posted following the Awards ceremony in November 2019.
- By entering, you expressly consent to use of your information for the purposes set forth in these rules and for administration of this Awards program, including posting of winners' information as required by law and in accordance with the Finalist signed release form.