Agreement between user and Oticon
1. “Oticon” means Oticon A/S, a limited liability company, registered in Copenhagen under registration No. 42334219 and having its registered address at Kongebakken 9, 2765 Smørum, Copenhagen, Denmark or any corporation or other entity controlled by Oticon A/S or affiliated to Oticon A/S.
1. We may request, in order for you to use certain areas of this Website, that you register, create a user or member name, create a password, or otherwise log in with your email address or with a user or member name which you select. In the event that your use of or participation in any portion of this Website requires that you register, create a user or member name, create a password, or otherwise log in with your email address, you agree that:
You shall not (i) select or use a user or member name or email address of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use, without authorisation, a user or member name or email address which belongs to anyone other than you or which is subject to the rights of any person other than you; (iii) use a user or member name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a user or member name that Oticon, in its sole discretion, deems offensive; and
You shall take any and all actions necessary to maintain the privacy of your password.
Agreement not transferable
Use of bulletin boards, chatrooms, and other communication forums
2. You agree not to upload, post, or otherwise make available any material protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right on this Website, without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right rests on you. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from any uploading, posting, or submission.
3. You agree not to upload files to this Website that contain viruses, corrupted files, or other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person’s computers, software, websites, or network. You will be solely responsible for damages arising from any claims that files posted by you caused damage to the operation of another person’s computer, software, websites, or network.
Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
1. Use at own risk. You agree that use of this website is at your own risk. Oticon does not make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of this website or as to the accuracy, reliability or contents of any information provided through this website.
2. Warranty disclaimer. The contents of this website are provided by Oticon as a service. This website does not contain all information that may be relevant to hearing loss issues in general or to your or any other individual’s situation in particular. All contents provided on this website are only general information regarding hearing loss issues and are intended only to facilitate communication between you and your hearing care or other professional healthcare provider. Contents provided on this website are not intended as and cannot provide either a diagnosis of a specific problem or condition or a specific recommendation of the appropriate treatment. Contents provided on this website should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional hearing care or other care. All specific questions you may have about your hearing loss condition, treatment, care or diagnosis should be presented to your own professional hearing care or other professional healthcare provider. Oticon is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your reliance on or your use or misuse of any information presented or contained on this website.Except if expressed and unambiguously stated otherwise, Oticon does not in any way endorse, operate, control or assume responsibility for any information regarding any services offered or provided by any third party, which or who may be listed on or linked to this website including any hearing care center or service provider, which or who may be listed on or linked to this website.
This website may include contents provided by third parties and users. For any and all such contents, Oticon is a distributor and not a publisher. Oticon has no more editorial control over such contents than does a public library or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information expressed or made available by third parties (including hearing care centers and other professional hearing care service providers and other merchants and licensors) are those of the respective authors or distributors of such contents and not of Oticon. Oticon makes no warranty as to the completeness, accuracy, currency, or reliability of information published by Oticon on this website.
When using this website information will be transmitted over a medium, which is beyond Oticon’s control and jurisdiction. Accordingly, Oticon assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with the use of this website. Oticon expressly disclaims any warranty that the services or contents provided by or on this website will be uninterrupted as to the results obtained from use of the services or contents. The services and contents are distributed on an “as is, as available” basis, and Oticon makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
By using this website you acknowledge that your use of this website is at your own risk, that you assume full responsibility for all risk associated with your use of this website, including without limitation responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of this website.
4. Linked websites. Oticon does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any product or service offered by a third party through this website and will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and any third-party provider or products or services.
Links to third-party sites
This Website may contain links to other web sites operated by parties other than Oticon. Such links are provided for your reference only. Oticon is not responsible for the availability of these external sites nor is it responsible for any of the content, advertising, products, or other materials on such external sites. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its respective web site operator.
1. Oticon respects the privacy of visitors to this Website. Oticon will only collect personally identifiable data, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, when it is voluntarily submitted to Oticon at this Website. Oticon may use this information to comply with your request for information or as otherwise disclosed to you at the specific location at which you submit your information. From time to time, Oticon may consider the information to better understand your needs and how Oticon can improve the quality of this Website and Oticon may use the information to contact you.
2. This Website also uses information to track the total number of visitors to this Website, the total number of visitors to each page of this Website, and the domain names and country of origin of our visitors or their internet service providers. Normally no personally identifiable information is available in this process.
3. This Website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. Oticon does not collect personally identifiable data from any person Oticon knows to be under the age of 13.
4. The privacy policies and procedures of Oticon described herein do not apply to third-party sites. Oticon suggest that you contact those third-party sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
A risk-free trial gives consumers an opportunity to wear the advertised Oticon hearing devices (or other Oticon hearing devices that the hearing care professional recommends are appropriate for the consumer’s hearing loss) in their personal environment to determine if the instruments are right for them. The length of the risk-free trial is determined by the individual hearing professional according to the terms offered by his/her practice. At the end of the trial period, if not satisfied with the hearing instruments, the consumer may return the hearing instruments to the practitioner.
Copyright and limitations on use
1. The Content made available through this Website by Oticon is the property of Oticon and/or Oticons licensors and is protected by copyright and other applicable laws. Oticon reserves all rights. Information received through this Website may be displayed, reformatted, and printed for your personal, non-commercial use only if you include the following copyright notice: “Copyright 1999-2000 Oticon A/S. All rights reserved.” and any and all other copyright and proprietary rights notices which were contained in the Content. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast, or circulate the information received through this Website to anyone, including but not limited to others in the same company or organisation, without the express prior written consent of Oticon.
4. You expressly grant to Oticon the royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, world-wide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and sublicense any message posted in, on, or through this Website (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
“Oticon” is a trademark of Oticon A/S. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on this Website are the property of their respective owners, including, in some instances, Oticon. Reproduction, in whole or in part, is prohibited without express prior written permission.
You agree that any link from a website that you own, control, or author in part or in full, to this Website shall be exclusively to www.oticon.com and to no other web page within this Website. You agree that you shall make no link from a website that you own, control, or author in part or in full, if that website contains any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent, reflects negatively on Oticon, or is otherwise objectionable, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence.